Sunday, October 18, 2015

Sunday Pics!

Ohio Star Quilt in Turn-of-the-Century Photo

This photo evokes delight in me.  Though I have no idea what the occasion was, it looks like a happy group!

It appears to have been taken around the turn of the century, and the Ohio Star quilt is amazing.  Do you see the half-square triangle border on it?  I wonder what the dominant colors are? It looks as if it might be done in a variety.

And where was it taken?!  The tree has me stumped.  At first I thought it might be a citrus tree, and the background hills remind me of California in the summer and fall.  There are plenty of citrus groves in Southern California.  Anyone have an opinion?


A Blessed Sunday to You!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing these Sunday pictures with us. They are amazing and a treasure trove of history. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Nancy! I enjoy them so much. ☺

      Delete