Saturday, January 9, 2016

Saturday at the Quilt Museum - Pickle Dish

Pickle Dish Collage


This first quilt caught my eye today, and so we're off on a tour of Pickle Dish Quilts.  They are also known by the name "Indian Wedding Ring."  They seem to be related in looks to New York Beauty patterns, as well.

Pickle Dish
1880's

Pickle Dish 1880's

This one is fun to look at closely.  There are so many different prints in the "teeth" of the pattern.  And I always like a red, white and blue quilt.

* * * * * * *
Indian Wedding Ring
West Texas
1860 - 1880
67" x 72" 
Indian Wedding Ring West Texas 1860 - 1880

This one shows the fading of fugitive green to tan.  It always amazes me how some pieces fade and some don't.  The other colors are antimony orange and rust.

* * * * * * *
Light Blue Pickle Dish
Looks to be 1930's from the fabric
86" x 73"

Light Blue Pickle Dish Looks to be 30's from the fabric

I just love blue.  What can I say??

* * * * * * *
 Red, White & Blue Pickle Dish
1890's

 Red, White & Blue Pickle Dish 1890's

There's no more information than the date on this one, but I liked the patriotic flavor of it and the sawtooth borders.

* * * * * * *
Faded Green Pickle Dish
70" x 84"

Faded Green Pickle Dish

I'm ending with this one because I love it.  I've shared it before, but every time I see it, it stops me.  The variation in the green is actually fading, but I really like the feel it gives the overall piece.  The borders are over-the-top and inspire me to try something like it someday.


Thanks for joining us for our tour of Pickle Dish Quilts!

Happy Quilting!!


PLEASE NOTE:
- I am not a quilt historian.  I simply enjoy finding interesting quilts and sharing them with you!

- The quilt images on this post were sourced from Pinterest, unless otherwise noted, and are linked to their origin whenever possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment