Saturday, January 30, 2016

Saturday at the Quilt Museum - Ocean Waves

Ocean Waves Collage

Another quilt requested for posting is "Storm at Sea."  I didn't feel I could do it without including "Ocean Waves" too!

So, we're on a three-week journey of quilts that have to do with the sea.  Here goes!

Ocean Waves
A Scott Family Member
New Jersey
1850
76.5" x 78"
Ocean Waves A Scott Family Member

This first one I really like because of the  use of different greens in the blocks.  It makes it look so rich to me.

There is more information at the Quilt Index:
http://www.quiltindex.org/basicdisplay.php?kid=4A-7F-3BA

* * * * * * *
Ocean Waves
Circa 1870
71" x 79"

Ocean Waves Circa 1870

I like this one for it's different feel.  The brown and tan color choices and the placement of the lights in the "waves" just does something unusual.

There's a little more information here:
http://www.quiltindex.org/basicdisplay.php?kid=1D-FC-F12

* * * * * * *
Ocean Waves
Agnes Bell Boyd
Berholz, Ohio
Early 1900's
77" x 80"

Ocean Waves Agnes Bell Boyd

I love the red, white, and blue of this one.  Rather random color placement and the scrappy feel makes it fun.

More information and another picture here:
http://www.quiltindex.org/basicdisplay.php?kid=4B-82-826
* * * * * * *
Ocean Waves

Ocean Waves

This one has no information attached to it that I can find, but the pink is an unusual color for this pattern, so I included it.

* * * * * * *
Ocean Waves
1890
Ocean Waves 1890

Ocean Waves 1890

There's no information that I can find about this one either, but the second picture shows some really fun fabrics that were used.  I love the blue, of course!  That's what drew my eye.

This is where I found it:

* * * * * * *

Next week we'll dive into the Storm at Sea pattern.  We have some fun in store!


Thanks for joining us for our tour of Ocean Waves Quilts!

Happy Quilting!!


PLEASE NOTE:
- I am not a quilt historian.  I simply enjoy finding interesting quilts and sharing them with you!

- The quilt images on this post were sourced from The Quilt Index and Pinterest, unless otherwise noted, and are linked to their origin whenever possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment