Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Cactus Basket

Today I was playing around with making another block for the block designer on our website, and I decided to do a cactus basket variation.  I first saw this pattern on Barbara Brackman's blog.  She called it Grapes of Wrath and it was part of her Civil War Sampler quilt, which I have made.


The Texas Cactus Basket is very similar, looking like this.  There are a few lines changed, is all.


  I really like how the block for my Civil War sampler quilt came out, so here is a rendition of it in blue and brown where I've used the block in a complete quilt.  I like how the baskets stand out from the neutral background.  And I always enjoy making a quilt that looks as if it is "matted" like a photograph.

I think I'll have to make this one!



You can play with the Cactus Basket block here in our Block Designer.


No comments:

Post a Comment